Creative Services does not provide proofreading services. The job requestor is responsible for checking all of the text (spelling, phone numbers, websites, etc.) and ensuring that it follows UAMS Editorial Standards which follows AP style. This guide outlines such things as capitalization, names of offices and services, school names, building names, titles, etc.
All text should be submitted in a Word document that:
- Does not use all caps, extra tabs or extra spaces to visually format text.
- Uses a single space after periods.
When using data collected from administrative software, consult with the art director.
Please proofread the text, check the layout carefully and ensure that everyone who has a voice in the project has reviewed and approval prior to submission. Please provide error-free text.
- Check spelling – pay special attention to headlines, subheads and photo captions.
- Verify names, dates, facts and figures.
- Check mail permit, label guide, return address and other mail components.
- Confirm that editing from the previous proof is correct.
Final text should be provided when opening a job ticket. Submitting text after this date may affect the delivery date.