Use the template below to create your Student Research Day scientific poster.
Student Research Day PowerPoint Template
- UAMS A Student Research Day 24×36 templates vertical
- UAMS B Student Research Day 24×36 templates vertical
- UAMS C Student Research Day 24×36 templates vertical
Poster Hints for Student Research Day
The deadline for submission is: Feb. 12 at 4:30 p.m.
Please use your name or your lead author’s name at the beginning of the PowerPoint file name. For example: Smith_John_SRD2020_Mammalian Infection Rate in Arkansas.PPT
When your poster is ready to be printed:
- E-mail your poster as a PowerPoint file (not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the Subject Line type Student Research Day 2020: Job #2001365 Work Request for Creative Services.
- In the body of the email, note if your poster was created on a Windows PC or a Mac. Both are fine, we just need to know in case adjustments are needed.
Student Research Day posters are 24 in. (w) x 36 in. (h).
Picture/Illustration Formats and Resolution:
- The best file format to use for Inserting Pictures and Illustrations is JPG. Generally speaking, using Copy and Paste images from Web sites does not work well since they may be low resolution.
- If your picture files don’t have enough resolution, they will print fuzzy and not show the detail needed. Although an image may look clear on your screen, if it is a low resolution it may look poor when printed at full size as a poster.
- To verify that your inserted image will retain the detail needed, zoom into the image to 200%: View…Zoom….200%.
- If you can see the detail you desire, it should print well on your poster. If it lacks detail, a higher resolution picture must be used. Images must be at least 2 MB in size to reproduce well on your poster.
- To check your image’s resolution on a PC, right-click on the image file and look at properties. If you copied the image from a website and paste into PowerPoint, you may need to save the image as a picture/JPG first to view the properties. 1,000 KB = 1 MB